Published: 28th March 2017
Author: Sadia Begum
1 April 2017
- National living wage for workers aged 25 and over will increase by 30p to £7.50 an hour.
- Institute of Apprenticeships will be established and it will be an offence to use the word ‘apprenticeship’ unless it describes statutory apprenticeships.
- Public sector gender pay gap reporting requirements are to be introduced from April 2017.
2 April 2017
- Statutory payments for maternity, adoption and shared parental leave will rise from £139.58 to £140.98.
6 April 2017
- Statutory sick pay will rise from £88.45 to £89.35.
- Gender pay gap reporting regulations will make it mandatory for large and private voluntary sector employers to publish information relating to their gender pay gap. ACAS and the Government Equalities Office have jointly published guidance on these new regulations. Further details can be found here.
- Tribunal compensation limits –
- maximum compensatory award for unfair dismissal will rise from £78,962 to £80,541; and
- maximum amount for a week’s pay (used to calculate statutory redundancy pay and various awards including the basic and additional element for unfair dismissal awards) will rise from £479 to £489.