What we do – Employers
Taking the right advice at the right time can help your business save time and money in the long and short term.
We can help your business:
By protecting your business:
- Contracts, policies and procedures (including consultancy contracts).
- Drafting and enforcing restrictive covenants, intellectual property and confidentiality clauses - Click here to find out more about protecting your business.
- Recruitment issues.
- Employment issues when buying or selling a business, or outsourcing services (TUPE).
- Employment law training and legal updates.
By providing day-to-day support with employee issues to avoid disputes:
- Family friendly issues (maternity/paternity/flexible working requests).
- Ill health, sickness issues.
- Redundancies and restructures.
- Disciplinary and performance issues.
When it goes wrong:
- Dismissals and employee removal.
- Compromise agreements – Click here for our compromise agreement guidance note for employers.
- Employment Tribunal claims.
- Breach of contract/bonus claims in the High Court.
- All forms of discrimination.
- Restrictive covenants, team moves and injunctions.
Please contact us to discuss your situation.
Employment protection insurance:
We also offer employment protection insurance, via a third party insurer, designed to give your business the option of insuring against the legal fees, awards and settlements involved in employment tribunal claims.
Your business can choose from the following levels of cover:
- £50,000 for any one claim, £500,000 aggregate over a 12 month period.
- £75,000 for any one claim, £750,000 aggregate over a 12 month period.
- £100,000 – £175,000 for any one claim, £1,000,000 aggregate over a 12 month period.
Key requirements of the policy include:
- A compulsory audit/health check of your policies, procedures and practices. We can do this for you.
- You must seek legal advice from Hine Legal before undertaking certain specified actions such as making redundancies or dismissing employees.
- Immediate notification of claims and settlement offers.
- Our assessment of whether each claim has reasonable prospects of success.
Please contact us for more information.