Ben qualified as a Solicitor in 2017, joining an employment law practice in the city of London. He joined Hine Legal in 2019.
Ben advises businesses on all aspect of employment law, including:
- Drafting of employment contracts, consultancy agreements and company policies
- Performance management
- Sickness absence
- Managing disciplinary and grievance issues
- Redundancy and restructures
- Employment Tribunal matters including, but not limited, to unfair dismissal and discrimination claims
- Preparing, negotiating and advising on settlement agreements
He also advises employees and senior executives on:
- The negotiation of exit packages under settlement agreements
- New employment contracts
- Grievance and disciplinary issues
- Discrimination and Harassment (including sexual and/or race related harassment)
- Unfair and constructive dismissal
- Garden leave obligations
Ben provides commercial advice to businesses in all sectors, but particularly in:
- Financial services
- charities and not-for-profit organisations
- leisure and hospitality
- Has acted for over 20 individuals being provided with settlement agreements as part of a large reorganisation within a multinational technology company
- Advised a senior individual from within a magic circle law firm concerning sex and sexual orientation discrimination claim which resulted in an agreed termination of their employment and a significant settlement package.
- Advised a large international charity concerning an employee grievance where complaints of bullying and harassment were made.
- Advised a haulage company in restraining an ex-employee from breaching restrictive covenants.
- Advised a senior executive regarding a breach of contract claim within the County Court
- Advised a SME concerning a capability procedure to dismiss an underperforming employee
Ben is known for developing a good rapport with clients, and is always keen to ensure clients are regularly kept updated every step of the way.