Cicely Slatter is a Solicitor in the Hine Legal team. Cicely joined the firm in 2018.
Cicely has experience assisting individuals, HR professionals and companies (from SMEs to global corporates) with a wide range of employment issues.
Cicely’s experience includes providing advice in relation to unfair and wrongful dismissal, unlawful deductions from wages and working time complaints, discrimination matters, sickness absence, misconduct, exit packages for employees (primarily advising on and drafting settlement agreements) and also more generally, preparing employment contracts, policies and training content for companies and HR teams.
Cicely’s experience to date includes:
- Drafting contracts of employment for companies, including advising on the competitive threat such employees may pose on departure and building in protective mechanisms into these contracts.
- Drafting consultancy agreements and advising clients on associated risks, namely in relation to employment status.
- Drafting in-house training content for managers, including in relation to the GDPR rules and employee privacy implications.
- Assisting a County Council in its disclosure exercise relating to a large-scale equal pay claim in the Employment Appeal Tribunal.
- Assisting a business in defending itself in relation to an employment status challenge by a former employee, which subsequently led to a claim for unfair dismissal wherein we were able to achieve a cost-effective settlement for the client.
- Advising a range of employees on settlement agreements and preparing settlement agreements for employers.
- Assisting a Company in managing its dismissal process for an employee with a period of long-term sickness absence related to a disability, having regard to discrimination risks.
Outside Of Work
Cicely enjoys trips to the theatre, cinema, swimming and the occasional glass of gin and tonic! Cicely also fundraises for Cardiac Risk in the Young, a cause close to (excuse the pun) her heart, and attends various networking events in London with other industries and legal professionals.