Daniel qualified as a Solicitor in 2016, joining an employment law practice in the city of London. He joined Hine Legal in 2018.
Daniel advises businesses on all aspect of employment law, including:
- Drafting of employment contracts, consultancy agreements and company policies
- Performance management
- Sickness absence
- Managing disciplinary and grievance issues
- Redundancy and restructures
- Employment Tribunal matters including, but not limited, to unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing claims
- Preparing, negotiating and advising on settlement agreements
He also advises employees and senior executives on:
- The negotiation of exit packages under settlement agreements
- New employment contracts
- Grievance and disciplinary issues
- Discrimination, Harassment (including sexual and/or race related harassment) and whistleblowing claims
- Unfair and constructive dismissal
- Garden leave obligations
Daniel provides commercial advice to businesses in all sectors, but particularly in:
- charities and not-for-profit organisations
- leisure and hospitality
- Has acted for over 100 individuals being provided with settlement agreements as part of a large reorganisation in a magic circle law firm.
- Advised a company in respect of the disciplinary and subsequent termination of a senior employee, which resulted in an agreed termination of their employment.
- Achieved a five-figure settlement and advised on the contents of a COT3 agreement for a claimant in a complex disability discrimination claim against a local authority.
- Advised a car repair business in restraining an ex-employee from breaching restrictive covenants.
- Acted for a corporate retainer client in drafting employment contracts, advising and preparing letters as to disciplinary, performance, and general HR matters.
Daniel is regularly praised by clients for his supportive and personable manner; working with his clients to explain the process in a clear and professional way. He always looks to provide tailored advice to meet his client’s needs.
Daniel is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.