“Jane, you’ve been fantastic and I’m hugely appreciative of the high quality advice both legal and tactical that you’ve given me throughout this process. Without doubt to get to what I consider is a good outcome so quick is down to you.”
Jane Wheeler is a Partner at Hine Legal. She joined the firm in 2013, having previously worked at silver circle firm, Travers Smith, and West End firm, Forsters.
She acts for a broad range of SME clients as well as senior and board level employees. She has clients in the hospitality, leisure, advertising and professional services sectors, amongst others.
Jane has significant experience in dealing with non-contentious and contentious matters for both employers and employees.
In particular, Jane has experience in the following areas:
- Senior executive appointments and terminations – especially in the private equity arena;
- Bringing and defending complex claims in the employment tribunals, including for discrimination and whistleblowing;
- Advising employers, employees and partners on matters involving restrictive covenants and confidentiality agreements;
- Advising companies on restructuring and redundancies;
- Advising on TUPE-related matters;
- Providing strategic advice to boards and HR Directors on all matters arising throughout the employment lifecycle (including complex grievances, disciplinary matters and sickness absence handling);
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on settlement agreements;
- Advising and speaking on a number of specialist areas, including the employment law perspectives on agile working, sexual harassment and wellbeing in the workplace.
Jane is highly regarded by clients for her straightforward, commonsense and personable approach to resolving employment problems. She is ranked in Band 3 of the Chambers and Partners Legal Directory (acting for Senior Executives).
Outside Of Work
Jane enjoys reading and is a keen marathon runner.