“Working with Nick is an absolute pleasure. Nick’s experience and technical knowledge is excellent and I would have no problem in endorsing him or his company.”
Nick Hine – Principal And Founder
Nick has specialised in employment law for over 25 years, and having been in top 100 law firms, founded Hine Legal in 2011. Nick began his career in merchant banking, and then served as a Police Officer with the Metropolitan Police for seven years. During this time he completed a law degree and then qualified as a Barrister. He then transferred to being a Solicitor, and brings this significant and diverse experience to the benefit of his clients.
He advises small to large businesses on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law issues, including, in particular:
- Complex service agreements/contracts
- High Court restrictive covenant enforcement and actions including injunctions
- Advising on attempted team moves, confidentiality breaches
- Employment tribunal claims – complex unfair dismissal, discrimination, maternity, TUPE and whistleblowing claims
- Redundancy and restructuring advice, outsourcing and TUPE
- Performance management, disciplinary and grievances issues
- Difficult terminations- settlement agreements
- General day to day support including ill health issues, crisis management
Nick also advises senior executives in respect of:
- service agreements/contracts
- negotiation of termination packages
- employment tribunal claims – unfair dismissal, discrimination, maternity, whistleblowing, TUPE
- disciplinary issues, performance management and grievances
- Post termination restrictions/confidentiality breaches including High Court actions and injunctions
Nick also advises Partners, Partnerships and LLP’s in respect of:
- Joining and departing partnerships and LLP’s
- Removal of partners or members
- Resolving partnership disputes
- Elements of partnership and LLP drafting
- Discrimination of partners/members
Nick works with businesses in all sectors, but particularly in:
- financial services
- professional services
- Advised a construction business in respect of a team of employees setting up in competition and who had taken a considerable amount of confidential information. This involved issuing High Court proceedings to obtain a court order (search and seizure order/injunction) to require them to comply with their contractual obligations and to return the confidential information thereby preventing the business from considerable damage and potential closure.
- Advised a company on a major restructure which included removal of a number of individuals in the senior management team. As a result, the restructure process was successfully completed without any employment claims and the right people were removed.
- Has advised a number of senior and prominent individuals when taking a prominent role on the terms of a service agreement and remuneration package including shares and other financial incentives. He has also acted for a number of senior and prominent individuals when leaving companies and ensuring the maximum settlement sums.
Outside Of Work
Nick is a keen sailor and a Yachtmaster, a skier (described by an Austrian as “not bad for an Englishman”) and also enjoys golf, photography, networking and fine wine. He has four children and a house in Italy and enjoys all things Italian!